Do you know in italy people are completely addicted to television?

anna2009

Community Member
Jun 9, 2009
Do you know in italy people are completely addicted to television?

Did u know that? What do you think of a country where people spend more time in front of the tv screen than breathing? I thinkk it's a serious issue, here (I'm italian)...It's like here everybody do everything just after seeing a tv-sh.it-format like "big brother" or some other crap.py reality show...it's like they're all tv-cyborgs, expecially the youngsters...

I am not italian but i went to Italy three times already. I really love to watch television too, its relaxing for me.

Americans are addicted to television, too. It's an escape from stress, and that's a big part of it. Life today is highly stressful, especially with the current economy. We need to forget about it for a while, and TV helps with that.

I spend an awful lot of time watching television, I think it's just the modern world today. Television offers entertainment that is affordable and it's right in your living room. It offers escapism, factual information and can be educational, depending on what you watch of course!

Wow great info, I never knew this before. Well that would be good cause many movies are being shot at Italy. Well, watching televisions and movies are really great they offers entertainment after a hard day of work.

Re: Do you know in italy people are completely addicted to television?

I am not Italian and yet I love watching television shows all the time. In fact I love blogging about them. Almost everyone in the whole likes watching TV shows.

I think a lot of people all over the world are addicted to television. I don't think that this is an issue tied only to Italy. It would be interesting to see what countries are the most addicted to television.

Having lived and studied in various countries, I can readily assure you that most people with access to electricity and television sets (and, of course, TV signals) watch quite a bit of programming during the day. Some even can be considered addicted if they need - psychologically speaking - to have a set on all the time, even if they are working or doing chores.

I do not watch that much TV. However, I do not think this a problem just related to Italy. All over the world people watch alot of TV. There is a huge selection of channels to choose from and some can actual be quite educational.

I do not believe in the statement that people are completely addicted to the television in Italy. I think that besides that that Italians have their national character, they are the European people. And the level of their culture is very high. In other words, I love Italians.

Don’t worry because it is just normal. In the Philippines where I live in, I spent a lot of time watching television and so are the millions of people living here.