Cotto E Mangiato - Do You Enjoy It?

Rosie

Community Member
Apr 6, 2013
Italy
I was always interested in cooking new recipes and trying out new things in the kitchen. My mom was a great cook, no doubt about it, but (and I honestly hope she's never going to read this :D) sometimes I kind of got bored of the same meals over and over again.

I understand we live in different times and don't always have time to cook and clean and everything, so the moms got used to cook for the entire week and just reheat the meals for the kids and husband. Saving time is important, I know that for a fact, but when I moved out and started to live on my own I found that cooking doesn't have to take you a lot of time and you CAN eat something different everyday, with little effort.

When I moved to Italy I discovered this show, Cotto e Mangiato, and I tried out quite a number of recipes I've seen on the show. Benedetta Parodi is great! I'm sure they are not her recipes, it's clear that she's an actress (seeing the bloopers of how she drops things or makes funny mistakes is proof enough) but it's also clear that she enjoys cooking and that was what made the show so great.

Not so long ago, they changed the "main character", now it's Tessa Gelisio who presents it. To be honest, it had a lot more charm before, with Benedetta.

I feel like the show has lost its essence and I kind of miss Parodi doing the show. I have nothing against the Gelisio but she's just not rising up to my expectations.

What do you think? Do you still enjoy the show, now that the cook has changed?