Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Commercials - A Great Way To Learn Italian

Discussion in 'Italian Language' started by Francesca, May 20, 2013.

1. Here's an idea: want to learn Italian? Watch as many commercials as possible!
    I don't know how I missed this, commercials are great to learn Italian. You hear the same words/expressions/idioms over and over again, you'll start to remember them in time.

2. Francesca, you are so right!

I have also learned many Italian words and phrases by watching TV and commercials helped a lot.
    I was very lucky to have my room mate back then translate stuff to me :D Poor girl, I must have made her so mad by constantly asking "what does this mean" and "what did he say now" etc.

The thing is, when I hear a new word I immediately ask what it means. Even if I ask an Italian to explain what an Italian word means (it happened a lot..). However, if I only hear it once I forget about it but if I constantly hear the word everyday, I learn!

3. I think it is one of the best way to learn Italian. I have never tried it till now but I am definitely going to try it out as soon as possible. I never thought it is possible to learn the language very easily by just listening to commercials. It sounds like a fun way to learn.

4. That is a good idea. It will put the same words in your head over and over. I am sure you will get quite good at memorizing what was said. Isn't it all about good memorization anyways?

5. That is actually a very reasonable suggestion. Recent advertisements are very subtle and they are creative. :) It's like we're learning without realizing that we are learning a new word from a new language.