Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Car Sharing Service

Discussion in 'Cagliari' started by Roberto, Apr 15, 2014.

1. This is new!
    Cagliari though of a solution to make citizens leave their own car at home. They're offering a car sharing service, you can 'borrow' a car so that you won't have to look for a parking space for hours on end when going downtown.
    In my opinion, this is also helping the environment and the city centre be less polluted. Share a car, with a guaranteed parking spot, instead of taking your own and pollute the air while you look for a parking space...
    What do you think? :)

2. That is a very interesting solution!
    I'm guessing their main goal is to reduce pollution in the air but maybe also make the traffic less uncomfortable and less crowded?

You didn't give a lot of details though... who drives the car? Does it have a cost? Who pays for gas? What happens if you go home in that car? Do you just leave it in front of your house??

I think the idea is great, but I don't understand these things :D

3. I think this is a great way to protect the environment and to make cities less crowded.

However, I too have some questions, like the ones Adriano asked.... Except the prices are already listed online :)

This is a link to the news, it's in Italian though.

It says the cost for renting a car is €1,50 /hour, plus €0,30 /km. :)

4. That's a really cool idea and I would definitely take advantage of that. I just wonder of they will administer it though, that seems like it would be a lot of work!

5. Carpooling is a great idea. So many places have carpooling options, and you should be able to easily find them by searching through the web. I think there should be free gas for people who carpool. :)

6. I think car sharing is a revolutionary idea that is sweeping across the world and making things very convenient. Uber car service is the big thing in the States and it is giving NYC taxi drivers a run for their money. These are nice SUV and luxury cars. The driver comes and picks you up at the press of a button with their cool app for iphones. They are always on time. I know several people who have given up owning a car all together because they find it cheaper to use the car service as needed than maintain a car and all the costs that come with it, insurance, etc.